I could take a few minutes to SAY SOMETHING. Only way I know how to start, is to get right
down to what I've been through FOR REAL!
All through my career, working in the Computer field, I always felt like I could do just a good
of a job as the person working that office accross from me. Well, opportunity finally came around.
BUT NOT WITHOUT A PRICE. Yep, I had to take all my chump change called experience and lay
it all out on the table. The interviewer wanted to know what made me think I was worthy of this high
honor of having them ask me a lot of questions only they knew would be coming my way. I wasn't
suprised, anything worth having always comes with a price; be it your time, your mental energy, or,
yes, even your DREAMS. While I was sitting on the hot seat of opportunity, it came to me, this was
my day, my chance, to SAY SOMETHING, and I did. I drank in that interview like I really wanted
that job offer. It did not come so much from my intellect, but it came from from the very heart of what I'd hoped for. I longed the opportunity to get past what I thought I already knew and actually get something first hand from my new employer. It was my dream to learn, to discover more about the field of dealing with people, knowing I could be a real asset to the company and they to me as well.
I felt the energy and I saw the dream I'd been contemplating all of my working years.
Now, perhaps, I would have a chance to allow others to benefit from the years of experience I was
fortunate to grasp and remember and apprecieate throughout my life. With my experience working in a big city, and the experience of working in a semi-small town, I saw so many things and knew in my heart I could and would do a good job.
Well, needless to say, I was accepted and did get that promotion. As life would have it, getting the
job is not all that goes on in this world, It becomes quite a challenge when Mr. Past pops up and sticks his foot in your path and says....OH no you don't....Remember this, or don't you recall
that! Great. but one thing I'd been meditating on and learning was this......I am not that person. I was
never that person. I will never be the person Mr. Past was trying to get me to own up to. So,
because I knew who I was not, the real me got the job. Go figure. This is a true story, but only the
one who can relate to what I just said will reap the benefit of a wholesome life and a real appreciation
for what we have Right Now, Never forget, NEVER GIVE UP.
No comments:
Post a Comment